Whole chicken – 1 (2-2.5 lb) medium sized peices cut & washed
Onions – 3 medium chopped
Tomato – 2 medium or 1 big chopped
Green chilli – 3
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 -3 tsp based on powder (if it’s too spicy add little)
Coriander+Cumin+Fenugreek Seed powder – 1 tsp ( CCF Powder)
Gingergarlic paste – 2 tsp
Cinnamon – 4 small pieces
Curry leaves – 8-10
Mint leaves – 6-7
Cilantro – 4-5 strands
Oil – 2 TBSP
Salt to taste
Dry coconut powder -2 tsps
Poppy seeds – 1/2tsp
Serves 5 – 7
- Take oil in a pan, after the oil is hot, add whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon & cloves), onion, green chilli & curry leaves.
- Add one tsp of salt to quicken the cooking.
- After the onions turn golden brown add the gingergarlic paste, turmeric red chilli powder, Karam & CCF powder.
- (While the onion is cooking, dry roast the coconut powder & poppy seeds in another pan till golden brown & grind them without adding any water)
- After a couple of minutes add the chicken.
- Mix well and put the lid & wait for the chicken to ooze out water from it.
- Cook for 10 mins stirring acouple of times just to make sure it does not get burnt.
- Now add the coconut & poppy seed powder, tomato & mint leaves.
- Mix well & put the lid, the tomato oozes out water.
- Mix occasionally every 5 mins and add water (1/2 glass) only if required.
- The curry will be done in 20-25 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro & serve with rice.