Moong dal (green lentil) – 1 cup
Water as required
Oil – 1 tsp ( olive oil/vegetable oil )
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/2 medium sized chopped
Salt to taste
- Wash & soak the lentils in water for 24 hours.
- Remove them and place them in a damp cotton cloth-tie them tightly and leave them to sprout.
- Every 6-8 hours sprinkle water over the cloth for the next 24-36 hours.
- You can eat the raw mixed with any salad or season it.
- I love it seasoned, takes away the rawness but still has the goodness and richness of the lentils
- In a pan, on medium add oil, mustard seeds ( allow them to splutter ).
- Add the onion and cook for a minute.
- Add the sprouted lentils and sprinkle salt to taste.