Chicken – 1 lb cut into 1 inch peices (thigh or breast meat)
Cornstarch – 2tsps + 2 tsps in 1/4 cup of water for the slurry
All purpose flour – 2 tsps
Egg – 1
Schezwan sauce – 3-4 tsps
Oil – 2 TBSPS
Garlic – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 1-2 chopped ( optional-If you need it to be spicy)
Spring onion – 2
Green bell pepper (capcicum) – 1 cut into 1 inch peices
Onion – 1/2 medium sized cut into chunks peeled into layers
Pepper powder – 1/2 th tsp divided
Soya sauce – 2 tsps
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, crack an egg into the chicken & add cornstarch(2 tsps), all purpose flour, pepper (1/4 th tsp) & salt.
- Mix it thoroughly & set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a wok or a wide open pan, fry the chicken in batches.
- Add ginger, garlic into the pan & cook for a minute.
- Add the prepared schezwan sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add pepper (1/4 th tsp), soya sauce, green chilli, white part of the spring onion into the pan.
- Cook for another minute & add the cornstarch slurry.
- Let the mixture come to a boil and add the fried chicken.
- Add in the green bell pepper & onion.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes & garnish with spring onion.