Garlic – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Ginger – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
Dried Red chillies – 12 – 15
Soya sauce – 1 TBSP
Vinegar – 1/2 TBSP
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 TBSP
Salt to taste
Water : 1/4 cup
- Cut open the dried red chillis and soak them in hot water for about an hour. Blend them into a fine paste (add water if required) and set aside.
- In a pan, add oil and start to cook on medium.
- Add ginger & garlic and cook for a minute to two ( do not allow it to burn) or till the garlic is slightly golden.
- Add the chilli paste and cook until the oil floats.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, pepper powder, tomato ketchup & salt.
- Add water and cook for about 5 minutes till the rawness of the chilli & the water evaporates.
- After it cools the sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Can be used to make schezwan fried rice, schezwan shrimp& schezwan chicken.