Butter – 4 TBSP
Mini Marshmallows – 1 pack (10 ounces)
Rice Krispies – 6 cups
Small Chocolate Easter Eggs
Plastic Easter Eggs
- In a large pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, & add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray interior of the plastic eggs with cooking spray or oil.
- If mixture is too sticky, you can also spray your hands.
- Fill both sides of the plastic egg with rice cereal mixture, slightly over-filling one side.
- Press chocolate egg in the center on one side of the egg, then close the plastic egg to shape it.
- (It should be full enough to meet with a little resistance as you close it.)
- Gently release the rice cereal egg from the mold, decorate with your choice of sprinkles and set aside in egg crate until set.
* recipe from pioneer woman