Cauliflower – 1 medium sized cut into medium florets
Oil – 1 TBSP
Onion – 1 medium sized sliced
Curry leaves – 5-7
Yellow Lentils (Split chick peas/ Chana dal) – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 th tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 th tsp
Cilantro – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Microwave the cut florets soaked in water for 5 minutes. The florets need to be soft (half cooked).
- In a pan, heat up the oil & add slpit chick peas, onion & curry leaves and stir for a couple minutes on medium-high.
- Add ginger garlic paste & then the cauliflower florets.
- Add salt & turmeric & mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes without a lid or until the water that comes out from the florets is dried up. (Do not add any execss water)
- Add red chilli powder & stir for a couple minutes on high.
- Garnish with cilantro & serve with rice or chapati.