Chinese noodles plain – 1 pack 8 oz
Chicken – 1/4 th lb cut into 1 inch sized pieces
Cabbage – 1/2 thinly sliced
Green bell pepper – 1 thinly sliced
Red bell pepper – 1 thinly sliced
Onion – 1 medium sized thinly sliced
Carrots – 2 thinly sliced
Beans – 1/4 th lb thinly sliced
Spring onion – 2 thinly sliced
Eggs – 2 scrambled
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 th tsp
Pepper – 1/4th tsp + 2 pinches
Chilli flakes – 3 pinches (optional)
Soya sauce – 3 tsps
Oil – 3 TBSPS divided
Salt to taste
- In a pan, fry the chicken pieces with salt, pepper (2 pinches) & ginger garlic paste and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in a separate container with salt and oil (2tsps) simultaneously while cooking the vegetables.
- Drain the noodles from the water and set them aside.
- Cut cabbage, beans, carrots, onions, & bell peppers into thinly sliced pieces.
- Stir fry the veggies on medium-high in a wok or a wide-mouthed pan in oil (2 tsps) with salt & pepper & set them aside.
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper & set them aside.
- In the same wok, on medium-high heat, pour oil (1 tablespoon) and add the noodles and stir-fry.
- Add soya sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a couple minutes & add the chicken, egg & vegetables.
- Add pepper, salt ( if required) & chilli flakes (optional).
- Cook for another couple minutes and garnish with spring onion.
* A vegetarian version can aslo be done omitting the chicken & egg in the same procedure.