Basmati Rice – 4 cups
Whole Chicken – 1 (2-2.5lb) cleaned and cut into medium pieces
Yogurt – 3 TBSPS
Oil – 4 TBSPS
Ghee – 3 tsps
Cilantro – 2 bunches
Mint leaves – 2 bunches
Green chillies – 6-7
Onions – 2 big thinly sliced and fried in oil + 1 tsp of ghee
Cloves – 8
Cardamom – 8
Cinnamon – 8
Shahjeera – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 n 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsps
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Gingergarlic paste – 3 tsps
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsps
Salt to taste
A pinch of saffron
Milk – 1 TBSP
Lemon juice – 4 tsps
- Fry the onions to golden brown in oil & 1 tsp of ghee & set them aside.
- Add salt & ginger garlic paste to the chicken & mix well for a few minutes.
- Next mix the yougurt, green chillies, cloves, cardamom, garam masala powder, pepper powder, turmeric & red chilli powder to the chicken & marinate it for 2-4 hours.
- Half cook the rice in 1 tsp of salt & spices (cloves +cardamom+ cinnamon), shahjeera & drain the excess water for about 10mins.
- Add the remaining
- Dissolve saffron in milk & set aside.
- Smear the cooking tray with ghee & place the marinated chicken in it.
- Add the rice on the chicken & cilantro, mint leaves & fried onions.
- Mix saffron in the milk and pour it the rice.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice & the fried oil on the top.
- Pre heat the oven to 450 & cook for 45 mins.
- Reduce the heat to 375 and cook it for another 45 mins.