Chicken – 1/2 pound boneless cut into 1 inch cubes
Penne pasta – 1 (12 oz) box
Alfredo sauce – 1 (15 oz) bottle
Garlic – 3 cloves minced
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4th tsp
Mushrooms – 1/2 lb cut into quarters
Broccoli – 1 small cut into florets
Grape tomatoes – 10 cut into halves
Italian seasoning – 1/4 tsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp divided
Red chilli flakes – 1/8 th tsp optional
Butter – 2 TBSPS
Oil – 2 tsps divided
Salt to taste
Parmesan Cheese – 1 cup
- Cook the penne pasta with instructions on the box with oil (1tsp) & salt.
- Drain the pasta & set aside.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water for later.
- Cook broccoli in the microwave for a couple of minutes & set aside.
- Pan fry the chicken in oil (1tsp) till slightly brown adding salt, pepper Ginger garlic paste & set it aside.
- Place butter into the same pan on medium. Add garlic to it & sauté it for a minute. ( do not let the garlic to burn or it will leave a bitter taste).
- Add mushrooms to it and cook for a minute or two till the mushrooms ooze out water and are soft.
- Add in the Alfredo sauce, pepper, red chilli flakes & Italian seasoning.
- Cook for till the sauce bubbles and add half to 1 cup of the pasta water. (the sauce should not be very thick).
- Add the pasta, broccoli, chicken & tomatoes & stir well.
- Check for salt & add if required.
- Turn off the flame& add the cheese.
- Serve hot.