Chicken – 2lb boneless cut and washed into 1 inch peices
Onion – 2 medium sized chopped
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized chopped
Oil – 2 TBSP
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsps
Chilli powder – 2 tsps
Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder
Kasurimethi – 1/2 tsp
Coriander+Cumin+Frenugrek seed (CCF) powder – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 TBSPS + 1 TBSP
Heavy Cream – 1 TBSP
Cilantro – 1/4 th cup
Spring onion – 2
Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with chilli powder, turmeric, CCF powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder & salt & set aside for around 2-4 hours.
- In a wide opened pan, heat up the oil & pan fry the chicken in one layer.
- Repeat the process of the chicken till the chicken is done & set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions & fry till they are slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes to it & cook until they are softened.
- Remove the onion-tomato mixture & set aside.
- Add butter (2 TBSPS) to the empty pan and pour in the onion-tomato mixture.
- Add water to it & cook for 5 minutes or till the the rawness goes away.
- Add the cooked chicken into the pan.
- Place a lid on the pan & cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add a splash of heavy cream & butter (1TBSP).
- Turn off the heat & garnish with cilantro & spring onion.