Paneer – 1/2 pound pack (Indian cottage cheese) cut into 1 inch pieces
Palak or Spinach – 2 big bunches
Onion – 1 big sliced
Tomatoes – 2 big sliced
Green chilli – 2 optional
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander+Cumin+Fenugreek seed powder (CCF) powder – 3/4th tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 th tsp
Water – 2 cup
Oil – 2 TBSPS
Butter – 2 TBSP
Heavy Cream – 1 TBSP
Salt to taste
- In a pan, on medium-high, add oil, put the onions, green chilli & cook till they r slightly brown.
- Add spinach & tomatoes to it & cook until all the water is evaporated.
- Once done, blend the mixture to a fine paste & set aside (add a splash of water to blend if required).
- In the same pan, put the butter into it & add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric, CCF powder & salt.
- Add the paneer to it & gently stir in since the panner can fall apart easily.
- Add the blended mixture of spinach into the pan.
- Add water to make the curry thinner.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat & add heavy cream.
- Serve with naan (Indian bread) or rice.