Rice flour – 4 cups
Udad dal or white lentil -1 cup
Butter – 113 gms or 1 stick of butter
Red chilli powder – 2 tsps
Ajwain seeds – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Dry roast udad dal in a pan till slightly golden brown & grind it into a fine powder.
- Mix the rice flour & the udad flour & set aside.
- Melt the butter in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the red chilli powder, ajwain seeds & salt to it.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Keep adding water to form into a soft consistency.
- The mixture should be stiff & shroud not be watery.
- Put it in batches in the murukulu maker & deep fry.