Butter – 2 sticks + 6 TBSP unsalted butter ( basically take 3 sticks of butter and remove 2 tbsp from one of stick)
Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
All purpose flour – 2 1/2 cups
Eggs – 7
Baking Powder – 1TBSP + 1tsp
Vanilla extract – 1TBSP + 1tsp
Fruit mix – 3/4 th cup ( a mix of dried orange, pineapple, cherrie) – can add cashews & pecans too
- Butter & eggs need to be at room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a stand mixer or a bowl (if using a hand mixer), take softened butter & gently mix.
- Using a spatula gently scrape the sides for even mixing.
- Add sugar to it & mix on medium till they are combined.
- Beat in the eggs & mix for 2-3 minutes & add vanilla extract to it.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour & baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer.
- Mix thoroughly until everything is combined.
- Add the mixed fruit & nuts to it.
- Add 1 tsp of all purpose flour to the mixed mixed fruits & nuts so that they do not settle at the bottom of the pan while baking.
- Smear a 9*14 inch pan and with butter & pour the batter.
- Place into the oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the cake comes out clean.