For the Dough
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Water – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
For the stuffing
Onion – 1 med sized finely chopped
Poha (flat dried rice) – 1 cup
Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
Cumin+Corriander powder – 1/4 th tsp
Chat masala – 1/4 th tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
All purpose flour – 1 tsp
Water – 2 tsps
Serves 8-10 count
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil & mix. Add water to make a soft dough and set aside for 15 mins.
- In another bowl, take onions & add poha, salt, green chilli, Cumin+Corriander powder & Chat powder.
- In a small bowl, add water to the all purpose flour, mix well & set aside.
- Using the dough make thin chapatis (tortilla) & slightly cook on a flat pan.
- Once the chapatis are done, cut them into triangle sheets ( each chapati gives 3 triangular sheets).
- Now apply the all purpose flour paste to all the four corners of one side of the sheet.
- Make it into a cone & place the stuffing.
- Close the open end of the sheet after the stuffing is placed inside & seal it.
- In a deep pan, take oil for deep frying & add the samosas & fry till they are slightly brown.
- Fry again for a couple of minutes till golden brown before serving.