Dry roasted peanuts – 1 cup
Green chilli – 4-6 (depending on how spicy you want)
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Onion – 1/2 medium sized sliced
Tomato – 1/2 medium sized slices
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp (divided)
Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves (optional)
Fenugreek seeds – 6-8 seeds
Dried red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 5 leaves
Udad dal(white lentil) – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tsps divided
Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat up 1 tsp oil & add cumin (1/4 th tsp), fenugreek seeds, green chilli, garlic, onion, tomato & tamarind.
- Cook for a couple of minutes & turn of the heat.
- Add salt & grind the mixture & place it in a bowl.
- To season, add 1 tsp oil to the pan & add udad dal, mustard seeds, cumin.
- Allow them to splutter & add the red chilli & curry leaf.
- Turn of the heat and add the seasoning onto the ground mixture.
- Serve with Indian breakfast such as idli or dosa.