Egg plant -10- split into 4’s
Fenugreek seeds – 10
Green chilli – 3
Oil -2 TBSPS
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste -2 tsps
Corriander powder – 1/2nth tsps
Cumin powder – 1/4 th tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 th tsp
Peanuts – 1 cup dry roasted
Coconut powder- 1/3rd cup dry roasted
Sesame seeds – 2 tsps dry roasted
Tamarind – lemon sized soaked in water for a couple of minutes.
Water – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Serves – 10-12
- Blend the dry roasted peanuts, coconut powder & sesame seeds into a fine paste & set aside.
- In a wide pan, heat oiland add cumin seeds & fenugreek seeds to it & allow them to splutter.
- Add the egg plant & salt to taste.
- Cook the egg plant in the oil 5-7 mins on medium with a lid on it till the brinjal is 70% done.
- Remove the brinjal from the oil & set aside.
- Add Turmeric, Red chilli powder, Corriander powder, Cumin powder & gingergarlic paste.
- Into the oil, add the peanut, sesame seed & coconut powder ground paste.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till the raw flavor is gone and add tamarind juice & water and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the brinjal back into the pan and check for salt and chilli powder and add if needed.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder over it.
- Cook for another 5-10 min till the oil floats on top. Garnish with cilantro.