Besan (chick pea) flour – 1 cup
Onions – 2 medium sized thinly sliced
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Water as needed
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
- Slice the onions, add red chilli powder & salt & mix well (use your hand).
- Make sure to mix (squeeze) them really well & set them aside for 20-30 mins.
- The onions leave moisture enough for the flour to coat them.
- Sprinkle the flour in portions & mix well.
- Add water only if needed.
- The flour should mix evenly & not bundle up.
- In a pan, add oil for deep frying.
- Fry the onion mixture in batches trying to separate the onion stands while placing into the oil.
- Serve hot.