White rice – 1 cup cooked in 2 cups of water
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Raw whole Peanuts – 1 TBSP
Split Chick peas – 1 tsp ( Chana dal)
White lentil – 1/2 tsp ( Udad dal)
Green chili – 2 (optional)
Red chilli dried – 2 split
Curry leaf – 2 strands
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Hing – 1 pinch (Asafoetida)
Raw Mango – 1/2 peeled & finely grated
Oil – 1 TBSP
Salt to taste
- Cook the rice with water & mix the required salt to it.
- In a pan, heat the oil & add mustard seeds, peanuts, chana dal & udad dal, green chilies & dried red chilli.
- Allow them to fry for a couple minutes or till light brown.
- Add hing, turmeric & curry leaves to it & turn off the stove.
- Add all the contents to the rice.
- Mix well & Serve hot.