Puff pastry sheets – 2
(Pepperidge farm has two sheets in a box, this can be found in the pie sheets area in the frozen section of any grocery store).
All purpose flour – 1-2 tsps
Eggs – 10
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Dust a cutting board with some all purpose flour & place the puff pastry sheet on it.
- The puff pastry sheets need to be thawed for about 30-40 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 360 F.
- In the mean time, boil 9 eggs in a container with a few pinches of salt for about 15 mins with enough water to soak all the eggs.
- Keep the boiled eggs aside for 5-10 mins & then peel & cut them into half.
- Turn them around with yellow side up & sprinkle with enough salt & pepper.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal parts.
- Place the eggs on the sheet in a diagonal manner with yellow of the egg touching the pastry sheet.
- Fold the opposite sides & press them together so that they stick to each other.
- In a small container beat an egg with a tsp of water (egg wash).
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Spray cooking oil over the tray & place the puffs of them.
- Cook them for 16-18 mins or until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or spicy tomato sauce.