Unsalted butter sticks – 4
Fenugreek seeds – 7-8
Curry leaves – 4
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Makes 1 & 1/2 cups of ghee
- Into a nonstick pan, add butter sticks & cook for approximately 15-20 mins or till the butter sticks are completely dissolved & froth comes up ( medium flame).
- Keep mixing with a wooden spoon every few minutes.
- Reduce the flame to low & gently keep stirring.
- Add salt, fenugreek seeds & curry leaves & cook till you see a clear liquid & the froth disappears (5-10 mins approx.).
- It’s a slow process but can get burnt easily, so once you see the froth make sure you are watching it closely to avoid getting burnt.
- Tastes great with hot white rice or dal or with any curry.
- Store it in a air tight container with no moisture & can be kept outside or in the refrigerator for long life.
- Stays good for a few months.