Whole Milk – 6 cups
Sugar – 2-3 cups
Saffron – 10 strands
Nuts – Cashew & Pistachios – 1/4cup
Serves 6 kulfis
- In a nonstick wide container, add a cup of milk.
- Allow it to boil on medium flame.
- Once it comes to a boil keep stirring the milk with a spatula or a wooden spoon scraping the sides of the container gently.
- A layer of cream forms over the milk & continue till most the milk (3/4th of it) thickens into cream.
- Add another cup of milk & repeat the same process.
- Repeat the same until you add 6 cups to it.
- After the last cup is added, add sugar & saffron & mix until everything is completely well combined & the consistency is thick.
- At this point, Malai Kulfi is done.
- Place it into kulfi molds or an ice tray (add crushed nuts over it-optional) & freeze it for 8 hours or overnight.
- Another variation of kulfi can be made by continuing to cook until all the moisture is completely evaporated & it hardens.
- It can be eaten as Rabdi or Kalakand.