Qubani seeds (dried apricot seeds) – 2 cups
( use the dry fruit kind)
Sugar – 1 cup
Red food color – 2 to 3 pinches
Water as desired
Rose water – 2 to 3 drops
- Soak dried apricot seeds overnight or for 12 hours in a container with water enough to soak all the seeds.
- Skin out the apricot peels to remove the inner seeds & set them aside.
- Cook the apricots in water over medium flame for 15 mins stirring every 3-4 mins so that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Add food color & sugar ( you can taste & check the sweetness, add more if you need to).
- Cook for another 15-20 mins till the apricots are fully cooked & fall apart stirring once every now & then.
- Add rose water & mix well & turn off.
- Qubani ka metha is done at this stage but let it cool completely & pulse it in a blender coarsely.
- Refrigerate it for 2-4 hours & serve with vanilla ice cream.
- It’s sweetness & a pinch of tangy flavor is a wonderful melt in our mouth dessert.
- Stays good in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or can freeze it for a month.