Rice flour – 2 cups
Chana dal (split chickpea lentil) – 2 TBSPS
Unsalted butter – 2 TBSPS (room temp)
Ginger – 2 inches chopped
Green chili – 4 chopped
Curry leaves – 10 leaves chopped
Water as needed – 1 cup
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Soak Chana dal in water for 30 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, pour in rice flour & salt & mix until combined.
- Add in softened butter & mix thoroughly.
- Add soaked chana dal, chopped ginger, green chili & curry leaf to it.
- Add water in 1/4th cup portions to mix everything until just combined but do not over mix (the mixture should be crumbly & should not form a ball).
- Form 1 inch sized round shapes & press them flat on a ziplock or any plastic sheet use 1 or 2 drops of oil for pressing the dough.
- Heat oil in wide pan or wok & fry in small batches simultaneously making the the pressed dough.
- Cover the dough & let it not dry out.
- Fry them for 2-3 mins until slightly brown.
- Store them in an air tight container after they become cold & they can stay for at-least 2-3 weeks.