Chicken – 2lb boneless cut and washed into 1 inch pieces ( I prefer dark meat since it’s juicer & absorbs the spices well)
Onion – 2 medium sized chopped
Tomatoes – 1 medium sized chopped
Cashew nuts – 1 TBSP
Yogurt – 1 TBSP
Oil – 2 TBSP
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsps
Chilli powder – 1 tsps
Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasurimethi – 1/2 tsp
Coriander+Cumin+Frenugrek seed (CCF) powder – 1 tsp
Cilantro – 1/4 th cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with chilli powder, turmeric, CCF powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder & salt & set aside for 2 hours.
- In a wide opened pan, heat up the oil & pan fry the chicken in one layer.
- Repeat the process of the chicken till the chicken is done & set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions (add a little salt to fasten the cooking) & fry till they are slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes to it & cook until they are softened & add cashew nuts & cook for a couple mins.
- Remove the mixture & set aside to cool for a bit.
- Grind the mixture into a fine paste.
- In the same pan and pour in the ground mixture into the remaining oil left after the chicken is pan-fried.
- Sauté for a couple minutes & add water to it & cook for 5 minutes or till the rawness goes away.
- Add yogurt & cook or a couple more mins.
- Add the cooked chicken into the pan.
- Place a lid on the pan & cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Check for salt & sprinkle the kasurimethi & turn off the stove.
- Garnish with cilantro & serve with Naan or White rice.